The Baradene Music Uniform is proudly supported by the PTA, with additional funding from the Music Group Levy. Our senior music groups- Senior Orchestra, Concert Band and Schola Choir wear the Baradene Music Uniform at community events, concerts, competitions and festivals to represent Baradene College.
THE UNIFORM STANDARD
- Black opaque tights.
- Plain black ballet flat type shoes without sparkles or colour (can be purchased at The Warehouse for about $15) - Senior School shoes are acceptable.
- Hair tied back off the face with a red ribbon.
- A black vest/singlet can be worn underneath in cold weather as long as long as it is not visible (no other colours please)
- No jewellery (except studs) to be worn.
- Sashes must be worn with uniform.
- School Blazers can be worn between performances to keep warm but must be removed when performing.
If staying after school they need to bring their music uniform to school in the morning in the white suit bag and hang it in the dressing room on arrival at school. They must not be stored in lockers.
CARING FOR THE MUSIC UNIFORM
- Hand wash music uniforms in COLD water and hang to dry (do NOT machine wash or tumble dry).
- They can also be dry cleaned from time to time.
- Please ensure uniforms are hung in the white suit bag provided - that way they shouldn't need ironing. If ironing is required please use a cool iron on reverse side.