Baradene College is an academic College where achievement at the highest level is valued, and the diversity of student ability is acknowledged.
Baradene College is committed to:
- Meeting National Curriculum goals and objectives and giving due recognition to New Zealand's dual cultural heritage.
- Offering its students a broad general education which will enable them to specialise later in the fields of their choice.
- Providing holistic courses of study that educate the students academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally.
- Embedding in all its courses of instruction the philosophies of a Sacred Heart education.
- Ensuring that courses of study at each level will allow every girl to develop her talents as far as she is able.
- Putting in place programmes that will assist individual students to overcome their difficulties.
Baradene College runs a Personalised Learning Programme which specialises in assisting our girls with their different learning needs, whether that is Enrichment Learning (gifted and talented) or specific learning difficulties, for example, dyslexia.
All students in Years 7 to13 have at least two and a half hours of Religious Education in classes per week.
In Year 11, students have an opportunity to participate in the Social Awareness Programme for one term. This comprises community visits and an interesting array of speakers from areas of need such as the prisons.
Students in Years 11 to 13 are offered Achievement Standards. These are internal assessed.