We have three professional school counsellors who offer a confidential service to the students, parents and staff of Baradene College. Both are members of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors and are bound by confidentiality.
Trish Jane, BSocP (Counselling), MNZAC. Days unavailable over the 10 day timetable - 1 and 10 (Ph: 524 6019 x 671)
Misty Peoples, MA, PGDipCounTh holds provisional membership in the New Zealand Association of Counsellors,Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (Ashford University, USA), Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Theory (University of Auckland).; Days unavailable over the 10 day timetable – 5 & 6. (Ph: 524 6019 x 716)
Ting Chou, MIT Student Counsellor (speaks Cantonese & Mandarin)
We work with students individually as well as with their peers and family and can act as their advocate with teachers and deans.
We are available by phone and operate an appointment system.
Further links and information below:
- Helpline 1737 – this is a general helpline for when you just need to talk. It’s the best place to call if you don’t know what exact service you need.
- 5 Ways To Wellbeing
- Rainbow Youth Inc ry.org.nz email: [email protected] Ph: (09) 376 4155 (11am – 5pm weekdays) a charity that offers support for sexual minority and gender diverse youth.
- Outline NZ outline.org.nz 0800 688 5463 – sexuality or gender identity helpline. Confidential support for the LGBTQI+ community, their friends and families.
- Youthline [email protected] 0800 37 66 33, free text: 234
- Chinese lifeline www.lifeline.org.nz/chinese-lifeline Within Auckland 09 5222 999, Outside auckland 0800 543 354
- Lifeline lifeline.org.nz 0800 543 354 for counselling and support
- Depression Helpline depression.org.nz 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 - for people in distress and those worried about someone else
- Healthline – 0800 611 116
- SPARX free e-therapy tool to help reduce anxieties & low mood sparx.org.nz. Supporting Families in Mental Illness – support for families with support of a loved one with mental illness 0800 732 825
- Common Ground –a website hub providing parents, family and friends with access to information, tools and support to help a young person who is struggling - commonground.org.nz
- Skylight - support through grief 04 939 6767 [email protected]
- Sexual Abuse Help www.helpauckland.org.nz 09 623 1700
- Victim Support www.victimsupport.org.nz/get-help/support-after-sexual-violence
- Parent Helpline – 0800 568 856
- 24 Hour National Anxiety Line 0800 ANXIETY (0800 269 4389) www.anxiety.org.nz
- Alcohol/Drugs Helpline www.alcholodrughelp.org.nz 0800 787 797
- Catholic Social Services 09 678 9650 for family counselling and social work
- Ministry of Health Healthline www.health.govt.nz Healthline 0800 611 116. Free advice from registered nurses 24hr/7 days pw
Some more helpful sites:
Netsafe Internet Safety Eating Difficulties The Parenting Place Home & Family Family violence support Body Safety Feeling down? Whatsup Counselling Youth Law Attitude Victim Support Sexual Abuse School LeaverReachout